BP's Lower 48 Headquarters at 1700 Platte Street establishes a campus identity with two wings linked by a wide glazed bridge framing a central courtyard. The U-shape maximizes views to the River and downtown skyline, defines an active pedestrian zone along Platte Street and creates a series of sheltered south-facing outdoor spaces. The building has two primary addresses—one on the River, the other on Platte Street.
The building’s public spaces centralize at the Level Two Courtyard. A generous double height lobby is accessed from Platte Street, connecting to the Courtyard with a grand stair. The building is conceived of as an industrial office loft with generous ceiling heights, simple, robust materials and a sense of permanence and quality reflecting the historic industrial character of Platte Street.