David and Stephanie Tryba purchased the 1896 William G. Fisher Mansion and adjacent garden-level ballroom in 1997. The elegant sandstone structure, designed by celebrated architect Frank E. Edbrooke, had not served as a residence for decades and the property was in grave disrepair. Following two years of intricate renovation and restoration, the historic Fisher Mansion became the family’s new home. The new addition, an adaptive reuse of the ballroom, juxtaposed classic Beaux Arts design with contemporary elements to create the 10,500 SF, four-story architectural studio. The complex is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Historic Denver, Inc.